is a new generation apparatus that provides a high capacity of date in just seconds. It is the only device of this class in Burgas. It combines four diagnostic functions – refractometer (computer measurement of the diopter value), auto keratometer (measuring the curvature of the anterior surface of the cornea), non contact tonometer (measuring the intraocular pressure) and non contact pachymeter (measuring the thickness of the cornea, used to diagnose and correctly treating glaucoma).
Optical coherence tomography (OCT)
– quick and non-invasive method for diagnostic of the eye fundus – the macula and the optic nerve.
Additionally it provides a high quality image of the eye – flat or 3D. It is used to diagnose macular degeneration – pre or post Avastin therapy, Central Serous Chorioretinopathy (CSC), Cystoid macular edema (CME), optical nerve damage, associated with glaucoma, etc.
Fluorescein Angiography (FAG)
– pparatus used to discover or verify retinal cardiovascular pathology. This method uses sodium fluorescein – essentially a fluorescent dye, administered into the cubital vein to facilitate the examination of the retinal vascular network.
It is often used to examine patients with diabetes, to verify a vascular accident, in cases of retinal artery occlusion, age-related macular degeneration, chorioretinitis, trauma and other eye diseases.
is a devise, used for early diagnosis of visual disturbances in children. The apparatus measures the basic visual values in seconds, even with contacts. It’s design is child-friendly and can be used for examination of kids as young as 6 months.
– a tool for assessing visual fields – the total area in which objects can be seen by fixing one’s eyes. It is often used to diagnose neurological disorders, in cases of glaucoma or vascular diseases of the eye.
– used to examine the bulbus oculi (the eyeball).
– used for examination of the orbits.
– Oxycom Medical Center now has the most innovative retinal laser in Eastern Bulgaria – the latest generation of Zeiss ophthalmological products. It is a quicker and non-painful laser for treatment of retinal disorders like diabetic retinopathy, macular and peripheral degeneration, retinal holes and vascular deformations.
– used to treat secondary cataract, glaucoma and other eye diseases.
– selective laser trabeculoplasty – used to treat open-angle glaucoma by lowering the intraocular pressure.
– argon laser trabeculoplasty – used to treat primary and secondary open-angle glaucoma, normal-tension glaucoma, as well as ocular hypertension.
– used in the initial eye examination to determine the refractive anomaly of the patient (nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism). The Tonoref III apparatus, available at the Oxycom Medical Center, the ophthalmologist can determine the stage of development of cataract and the accommodation of the eye.
– used to measure the thickness of the cornea. This method is used in cases of glaucoma, before a laser procedure, as well as in some cases of cornea disorders.
– used to examine the eye fundus in an initial or routine check-up.
– used for a detailed stereoscopic examination of the eye fundus.
– method of a stereoscopic examination of the retina. It is used to diagnose and treat various disorders such as diabetic retinopathy, vascular occlusion, peripheral and degenerative lesions, corneal laceration etc.